Thursday, October 7, 2010

When suddenly your heart stops and the world tilts!!

Now Im not one to have delusions or see things... I keep myself pretty together so dont do drugs or drink very much and hallucinations haven't occurred in well over 35 years so the events Im about to unfold justifiably threw me for a double 6

There I was enjoying my arvo sorting bills and such, and so there I was in the telephone company shop just waiting as I paid my bill, you know pretty happy with life and everything being universally content I was smiling to myself as I waited for the bloke to take my money and give me a receipt havin a yack with him about this and that as he got the computer thing working. Every things goin great guns with my life.

So there I am smiling as I waited and turned to see what my eldest son was up to and looked directly into the blue eyes of... MY EX!!! "HOLEY SHIT WHATS SHE DOING HERE?" my mind screamed as I took in the small woman in front of me... same height, same weight, shame body shape, same hair color and length, same look of martyrdom on her dial, right down to the mean glare of righteous anger!!! IT WAS INCREDIBLE!!!... scarey as hell but incredible!!... I tell you what my head almost spun as I turned back to the bloke handed him the cash and took the receipt and left the store! As I passed her I was tempted to ask her "what the hell are you doing here you hate the heat up here!" but something made me stop and pause and I simply grabbed my son and left.

We went and sat at the cafe along the way while I sorted my brain packet out one part of me was saying "No way in hell would she come all this way" another part thinking "it would be just her style" and while my son got us a iced coffee frappe I quickly messaged one of my daughters and asked her "Is mum still down there or what?" quick response "Why?" "Just answer the question honey is she still down there?" "yes I just left her place shes down here" "Then she has a bloody twin!! Cause Ive just seen her!" "you couldnt have silly head shes here still I just saw her" I was about to respond again when the woman came out of the telephone shop and walked in a direct line toward me so as my son sat down I held the phone up to him and made as if I was showing him a photo and quickly snapped of one of the woman and then sent it down to my daughter "NOW tell me again your mums down there!" "WOW! no shes here that must have spun you out dad" TOO RIGHT IT BLOODY DID!!! Then the reassurance came again "Its not her dad mums still down here and Id tell you if she was coming up that way dont worry about it go have a swim or somefink" whew

But brother this woman could easily have been the ex's twin!!!

Now really, I dont have any issue with my ex, the past is the past and Im now living in my own future and am pretty confident with that, as I live over 2500klms from her I havent seen her for about 6 months now and we havent spoken since then and wont see her until at least Christmas, only one text message has been exchanged between us and that was very quick, I rarely think of her other than in passing conversation nowadays... so this coming so unexpectedly was something totally out of the blue, and blew me away the woman was almost identical!! SERIOUSLY!!!

BUT... I got over it and moved on less than 3 minutes after the last message came through, as a beautiful woman I knew here waltzed past and distracted me something shocking! Aaahhh life it does throw the occasional curve ball dont it! ;o)

Now thinking back over that occurance I recall over the years hearing that each of us have a twin somewhere in the world someone born to other parents who is our identical likeness... but man in the same country??? hows the odds on that!!!

Shane ala the wayward walkabout

No comments:

Post a Comment