Sunday, September 26, 2010

Hope springs eternal

As the suns rays start to falter and darkness begins to fall, I continue to hold onto hope.

Hope of a brighter, happier, more content future. One without loneliness, solitude or silence but one filled with warmth, laughter, joy, smiles and togetherness.

Life is great dont get me wrong! A corner has been turned and so I face the open door of the future without trepidation or fear but with excitement and enthusiasm, for through the door is the brightness of a new shining life full of love, friendships and new adventures. The journey of life has begun anew!!!

Where once each morning was a chore to face, each day another recurring dullness, and each night a dreaded silent loneliness... now each new morning is greeted with a grin, each day is a circle of laughter, smiles and friendships, while each night is a pleasant surprise.

When things in ones life take a turn for the absolute worse one fails to see beauty, fails to see a future, fails to see another chance to have a full, happy, loving and bright future, only endless years of loneliness and darkness. But hope, that small spark of hope, given often by a simple smile, a twinkling eye, from someone new in your life. If you see it. If you are open to see that life hasnt ended until it is ended and that the changes that have come are a chance to create and find a better life than ever.

Many people have helped me walk the long lonely road to where I now stand on the precipice of a new future, full of life, energy, enthusiasm, excitement and a willingness to be loved again. People like the lovely Christina who wasnt even aware of what she had given me when we met on my journey out of Australia, but she gave me the ability to see that I didnt have to be alone that there were other women in this world who did care, could care and the sparkle in her eyes as she faced her own new future inspired in me the desire to keep going forward, a beautiful wonderful spirit I thank the universe every day for having met.

Along the road Ive travelled Ive met several like Christina beautiful in mind, body and spirit who willingly albeit sometimes unknowingly gave me a small piece of themselves to carry me on, to inspire, encourage, and in some instances gave me the belief in myself as a man again... to all those beautiful ladies I have undying love for.

Coming along this hard road, it was often despaired that Id make it out the other end, and to be honest I didnt think I would. BUT thankfully I have walked the road, fallen over, stood up again, crashed down again, picked myself, again and again, often with the help of my children and friends around the world, until now I am walking into my new journey... alone still but confident and reassured in who I am and trusting in life to find a way though with a smile, a laugh and a song on my lips.

Life is a journey, an adventure, its not a destination! its an adventure to enjoy, partake of and taste every day it continues.

Denying ourselves the friendship of another, the sharing of a moment, a sparkling grin that reaches the eyes, is to deny ourselves happiness. Even if that happiness doesn't culminate in love. We ALL have the right to happiness no matter what the past has given us our future IS to be happy through our journey called life.

One must take the time to renew and regenerate ones heart, mind and soul, its needed for your future adventures... also one MUST complete the cycle and finish with the past and all its hurts to enable one to move forward with total confidence... for while we hold onto the past in some way we cannot be free enough within to not look back and wonder and therefore hold ourselves back.

There is no returning to what was there is only the future and the now... our past should be left behind us to be looked back on as fondly as possible for it was a part of us but left behind not dwelt on for that only leads to bitterness and pain... let go the past hurts and smile as you face the horizon that is the unknown future journey with the wind in your hair and laughter in your eyes.

The past is gone... the future is unknown... today is the begining you create.

Shane ala the wayward walkabout

No comments:

Post a Comment